Catalina Island Conservancy
The Catalina Island Conservancy practices land stewardship on eighty-eight percent of Catalina Island through a balance of conservation, education and recreation. Balancing the needs and desires of over one million yearly visitors with the needs of the land proves a considerable task.
Check out the Catalina Island Conservancy for more info on Catalina natural history.
CELP Curriculum Guide
The CELP Curriculum Guide presents an overlay of the progression of a week at CELP. These themes can be applied to programs throughout the week to provide a fluid week of instruction by connecting aspects of each community to culminate a student’s experience with a greater understanding of our connection to the communities at Howlands Landing and to student’s home communities.
Everything living is part of a community.
- What defines a community?
- What communities are you a part of?
- What do you need from your community?
While every community is unique, each function under the same principles of sustainability.
- Everything Runs on Energy
- There is No Waste in Nature
- Biodiversity is Good
- Everything is Connected
Every community on earth is connected
- How are humans connected to the ocean?
- How do our actions affect the global environment?
- Actions have far reaching consequences
What is your role in your community?
- What important lessons can we learn from nature?
- How can you give back to your community?
Click here for more information on Sustainability.
Back to Top
Back to Trip Planning
Take me to About CELP