We know that great staff are the key to a successful program. The following is a list of minimum staff qualifications:
- All staff have a college degree in environmental science or a related field or are at least 21 years old with appropriate work experience.
- All staff have experience working with children and are hired based on skills, character, personality, attitude, and leadership ability.
- Each candidate completes a thorough application and two part interview process. We contact all references to confirm the strength of each applicant.
- Staff go through extensive training with experts from the Ocean Futures Society and Catalina Island Camps.
- All staff are first aid and CPR certified. Staff leading waterfront activities are lifeguard certified and receive thorough safety training at our waterfront.
Back to Staff
Take me to About CELP